Portmoak Uniform Policy
We strongly encourage all learners to wear school uniform and to identify themselves as part of our school community. It is our opinion that when learners wear school uniform their behaviour, and therefore their learning, tends to be better. Portmoak children identify positively with their school community and our uniform supports this ethos. Portmoak parents have been consulted on the make up of our school uniform and decided on the supplier of our branded items.
Our preferred everyday items are:
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt or maroon polo shirt (with or without a tie).
- Maroon jumper or cardigan with school logo.
- Black or grey trousers, pinafores or skirts.
- Fleece lined reversible jacket with school logo (optional)
- Black shoes – not trainers.
Our preferred items (to be available daily) in gym bags are:
- Black shorts or skort
- White T-shirt (full t-shirt, not a vest)
- Black “light” gym shoes for indoor gym with non-marking soles– not heavy “trainer” type if possible. These should be kept for use indoors only.
- A pair of trainers for outside gym (old ones are best)
- Optional – tracksuits may be worn for outside gym if desired
- For Health and Safety, no jewellery is allowed to be worn during P.E. sessions. Pupils who wear earrings will need to remove them or tape them up before taking part.
- Spare socks and a hair bobble for those with long hair should also be included.
Please note the following:
- Please note that clothing with designer labels or advertising should not be worn.
- Please mark all clothing with your child’s name with labels or permanent ink.
- In primary 1, 2 and 3 an overall should be provided to protect clothing during art and craft lessons.
- During the summer term, girls may, if they wish, wear school dresses in a red or blue checked material.
- Boys may wish to wear grey school shorts.
We recognise that chain stores and supermarkets offer suitable, self-coloured school-uniform items, but we do also have Portmoak Primary School branded items including polo shirts, sweatshirts and jackets. These are available from the Marks and Spencer online store.
Outdoor PE Kit
We have optional outdoor PE kit: a hoodie, a tracksuit (can be purchased as a set or separately) and a beanie hat. This can be purchased from Halbro Sportswear Ltd on: https://www.halbro.com/portmoak-primary-school
Please note the following:
- These items are purely optional for outdoor school activities and are not to be used as regular school uniform.
- Postage is £3.95 for all orders under £100 and free for orders over £100.
- Our school will earn 10% commission on all sales
- These are suitable for girls and boys.